Moving Day

Today was moving day and I woke up to rain, which is never a good thing when you're trying to load a truck and drive it three hours to your destination.  I prayed for the move to go well and that we would be safe.  I had to go pick up the two missionaries from their apartment so that they could help me, which was great because I wasn't sure how many would show up from the EQ.

What would be ideal is if I could park the moving truck in front of my entrance, but all the spots were taken. The truck was in a loading zone, which would expose us to the rain as we went back and forth to it.  As I sat in the car and prepared to leave, someone came out of their apartment and started walking towards the area where I wanted to park the truck.  It was now 8:30 AM and it looked like he was going to the gym.  Amazingly, of all the cars in the lot, his was parked in the exact spot that I wanted.  As soon as the spot was clear, I went to the truck and backed it up into it.  The truck was now in front of my entrance and our path to it was covered with an awning.  This would make the move easier and we would stay dry.  My prayers were answered.

When I arrived at the missionary apartment, I saw not two, but four missionaries come out to help me.  We had recently had a surge of new missionaries, but I didn't think that they would all help me.  I squeezed them into my little car and we returned to my place and started moving things.  I didn't have many things, but my apartment was on the third floor and there were no elevators.  One elder from EQ showed up to help, so we were now six and the loading was done within 40 minutes.  I drove the missionaries back home, returned to shower and change, and started driving the truck to my destination.

I had contacted the EQ of my new ward to ask for assistance, but I didn't know how many would show up. I arrived in Alexandria and parked the truck in the moving zone.  By now, it had stopped raining.  It turns out that the cargo elevator is in front of the entrance of the loading zone, and also in front of my apartment's door on the 5th floor.  There would be little carrying and we had a trolley for the boxes.  Three elders showed up to help and we were done in a short amount of time.  It was the smoothest and easiest move I had experienced.