Sacrament - Day 59: Passing and Vietnam War

I got there early today and sat next to Wendy.  Someone asked me to help pass the sacrament because they were short one person, so I helped.  After sacrament was passed, the bishop gave a long talk and testimony and then opened it up to everyone. A visitor came up first and went on for six minutes about the Vietnam War, how president Hinckley had given his support for it and how religious organizations usually support war.  It was uncomfortable and the bishop finally told him to wrap it up because it had gone on for so long.

After his testimony, two others followed with mentions of the wars and other things that referred to the first testimony. The bishop then said that everything else should be a testimony only and not war talk. The rest of the testimonies were normal.

I was walking out after and ran into Michelle, so I talked to her for a while. We'll probably catch up during the week.