Temple - Day 2: Busy Visit

The plan was to attend the 10:30am session with Wendy, but things got started late and we attended the noon session.  I brought things to exchange at the distribution center and rented pants. As I waited, I said hi to Kristen, who was working that day and then Shannon came along and sat next to us. I sat alone in the session and it went well. Wendy went up to stand in the prayer circle and I didn't know she wanted to, so when they asked for another brother, I went up and stood next to her. I sat alone in the celestial room and Wendy left shortly after we got in there. Shannon came over to talk with me before leaving. I sat for a while and read some scripture and then left to get dressed. I waited outside the changing rooms for Wendy and she came back up from downstairs to find me.

I returned to the car to get the things I wanted to return. On the way back in, I ran into the first counselor from the Newport News ward and then Bishop Marlowe.  It was great to see him and for him to see me going to the temple. He was there with a group of kids for baptisms. We talked for a while and it was good to catch up. I exchanged my things downstairs and Wendy and I left to go eat. It was now 3:30pm, so we would miss Marissa's farewell get together. It was 4:45pm by the time we got back home, so I dropped Wendy to her place and I went home to be alone for a while before we went to the play at 7pm.

The second day was a good experience, even though I was expecting a few things to be different. I also placed the robe on the wrong way, but one of the workers helped me fix that. I look forward to the next visit.