I created an event on Facebook a week before the 4th of July to invite people to a BBQ that I wanted to host. Justin said that we could use the property at his apartment complex, which was great because it had picnic tables and grills. I went shopping for all the things the day before and got there an hour early to start preparing. Esther, Justin and Candace also showed up early to help. When it got close to 6 PM, I started the coals on the grills. Some more people showed up by 6:30, but most were going to be late. The food started coming out around 6:30 and we said a prayer before eating. By 7:30, the group had swelled to about 30 people and we may have topped off at 40 at one point.
Brady grilled the beef burgers while I took care of the hot dogs and turkey burgers. People were mostly sitting at the picnic tables, which we had three of, and other chairs. Everyone was talking and having a good time. When it started getting dark, we all put everything away and I took all my stuff back to my car. We then went on the rooftop of Justin's building to see some fireworks. A dozen of us were on the roof, which is where I met Michelle from my ward, who I recognized but hadn't talked to before. It was also good to see Lianne, Rachel (NYC) and others there.
Overall it was a great BBQ with a good turnout. I'm glad that I chose to host it and everyone was thankful.