A group was meeting at the Hard Times Cafe in Arlington at 7:45 PM tonight, so I decided to join at the last minute. I arrived first and was waiting outside when Paul arrived next. We talked for a while and others arrived shortly afterwards. There were no tables available for us, since we would be 12, so we waited near the bar. Catherine, whom I had met at the New Member Picnic, arrived on her bicycle, so I said hi to her and was friendly. After waiting 30 minutes, we were seated at two tables. I sat next to Paul and across from Catherine. We got to know each other during the dinner and she seemed nice enough. I teased her about the large burger and fries that she ordered, because it seemed liked too much food for her, but she finished all of it. I took a picture of her with the burger before she started eating. I teased her some more on the way out, but she was a good sport about it. We left right after dinner and I drove Paul to his parking garage. I later posted the picture of Catherine on her Facebook timeline and she made a nice comment about it.
I'm glad that I attended the dinner because I had been feeling a little down about the singles ward and some of my past interactions with a few women there. I do have a good group of friends from it and I am trying to start a relationship with Kristi, so what others think is mostly unimportant. I will try to remain positive and not let my thoughts get to me, or jump to conclusions about what others may think of me.