I arrived early today and noticed a new sister missionary had replaced sister Cushing. I'm going to miss sister Cushing because I liked her personality. The new sister was nice though and came from Utah. I saw Candace was visiting, so I went over to talk with her. I then took a seat next to Jill, who is looking for a roommate. I joked with her about how we should get married, this way she wouldn't need to find a roommate. She said that she once lived with ten cats and did not want to live with one anymore. I said that I have been with Oujai for over six years, so I can't get rid of him, but he's super cool. I meant to bear my testimony today, but there were many people and one turned her testimony into a 15 minute talk. Afterwards, I introduced Paul to Candace, but they had met before.
I went to the temple prep class and then to a meeting with the bishopric. While waiting, I ran into Kristi, who was dropping off her tithing envelope. Paul was asking her about her trip to Peru. She asked me how I was doing and talked to her very briefly as David had called me into the office. David and I talked for a while about how I'm doing in the ward, before he gave me a calling. I would be a member of the communications committee and would be responsible for updating the ward website and other online resources. I was excited about that calling and look forward to starting. I returned to the EQ, where we talked about the importance of studying scripture and how we can improve our dedication to doing so.
I went home shortly afterwards and took a nap. I called Kristi and left a message to confirm our date for Monday night. She texted me later that evening to confirm. I had a home teaching meeting at 4:00 and 4:30, which went well.