In the afternoon, I joined Jocelyn and Miriam on a trip to Pohik Bay to go paddle boarding. I brought lunch, a chair and a book because I just wanted to relax while they went out on the water. The trip took longer than expected and we got back just in time for me to freshen up and get to the auction.
When I arrived at the church building, the auction was delayed about 30 minutes. I was supposed to bring a pie but did not have time, so I decided to go to the store while they setup and get one. On my way out, I noticed Andrea walking on the sidewalk, so I asked her to come to the store with me and she did. Andrea told me that she was struggling a bit with things and that she felt out of place in the ward. She asked if there was a singles conference in NY and I told her about the one in Sept. I asked her if I could invite her to dinner with the missionaries and she said yes.
I filled out the form to get bishop bucks, and got $1060 to use for bidding. Food was served, so I made a plate and talked to a few people. I met Erin, who was visiting from Delaware, but who used to be in the ward. I also spoke to Minette, Shannon and a few others. At the auction, I sat next to Julie and she asked if I could help her organize her new condo. She also said that she would go shopping with me if I needed help finding clothes.
The services that I provided, cleaning a kitchen and a trip to the wax museum, were bid on and won by different sisters. I bid on and won a dinner for four and a shopping companion. I sat next to Shannon for a while and noticed that Catherine had bid on the dinner that I won, so I told her that I would invite her to it when I go. She joked about how she would eat all the food, because of the time I teased her at the last restaurant meetup. Jenny had texted me earlier to see if I wanted to do something, so I left after my bidding was done and went to visit her.
When I got to Jenny's, I gave her the tennis racket that I wrapped for her. We then sat on the couch and talked for about an hour. It was great talking to her.