Institute - Day 3; Time to Meet the Bishop

I was in my Sunday best today because I was suppose to meet with the bishop after institute.  However, about 10 minutes into institute, the ward clerk came over to get me so that I could meet with the bishop sooner than planned.  I waited outside the bishop's office for a while and talked to a couple of people that I had recognized.

The meeting with the bishop went well.  I gave him some history about myself and my membership with the church, as well as my reasons for moving to Northern VA.  He said that he would let the temple committee know about me so that they can prepare me to receive a recommend (limited-use for now).  He also looked at my records in the system to make sure they were good to go.

We talked a little about the activities that I had attended, and some of the women that I had met.  I gave him a couple of names of women that I'm interested in, and some of the men that I had become friends with.  It was a good first meeting and I'm sure we'll have more soon.

I returned to class just as it was ending and stuck around for refreshments.  The women that I failed to approach last time was there, and I felt good enough to introduce myself to her, which I did around the snack table.  She gave me her name and informed me that she attended a family ward.  I didn't ask if it was because she has kids, but I assume that it is.  We didn't talk anymore after that, since she didn't seem open to it, so I didn't want to push it.  I spoke to others for a while and left feeling good about the evening.