Today I decided to switch it up a bit and went to the class on women in the bible, which happened to be talking about Mary. I got there a little early and spoke to Kellie, which I met at the New Year's singles conference. Class started and I pretty much kept to myself and did not participate. I felt a foot on my backside, as one of the sisters behind me was trying to get my attention. I turned around and said "hey, I just got these pants three years ago!", which got a chuckle out of her. I had noticed this sister before, but never talked to her. Kellie, which was sitting next to her, wanted to know which part of the bible we were reading out of. After class, I wanted to talk to the sister who bumped me with her foot, but she left early.
I had a feeling that our teacher, Amelia, was a runner, just by the shape of her body. I approached her afterwards and said how good a class it was, and she asked me my name. She had a soft voice, so I mentioned how we should all sit closer to the front, as most were sitting a few rows back like they were scared of her. She mentioned that she is in fact a runner, but hasn't been doing it as much because of an injury at her job (she's a nurse). We were interrupted by Jill, so I said "nice to meet you" and went off to mingle with others.
While grabbing a snack, a sister named Jocelyn said hi and introduced herself and reached out to shake my hand. We talked for a while and she seemed nice. When we were interrupted by Jill again, I jokingly told Jill to stop interrupting my conversations. Jill chuckled and said that she wouldn't and left. Jocelyn doesn't attend my ward, because it's too early in the morning for her. I found out that she lives close to me, right across the street from the gym. She said she had to go and get to bed, so she said bye and left. I spoke to someone else for a while and left. When I got home, I looked up Jocelyn on the stake directory and sent her an email to say that it was nice meeting her and that we should get together. I'm just trying to be proactive!