Mormon TED

This activity, at the Chevy Chase chapel, was setup to look like a TED event, which I was very familiar with.  I posted on the Facebook group that I was going and can offer a ride for up to three people.  I was expecting three by the response I got, but ended up with one guy, Russell.  It was a good idea because it got me to know someone in the ward and he just happened to know a lot of people.  I told him about the woman I spoke to at the brunch and showed him a picture and he knew who she was, so now I had her name!  Russell was a good guy and when we got to the event, I found a seat and looked up the woman on Facebook and sent her a friend request.  She later accepted the request and I sent her a short message to remind her who I was.

The event was in a ward building that I hadn't gone to yet and was attended by about 30 people.  There were four talks and it was interesting overall.  The talks were on music, the church's mission in Siam, animation software, and the foster care system and the kids within it.  I found the last talk to be the most moving and inspiring.

We stayed behind for a while and mingled with others.  I saw Esther there, which is a friend on Facebook and I talked to her and her sister.  I spoke to a Kevin, which I had met at a singles conference and then the lady who spoke about Siam.  I feel like I was talking too much with her and she was trying to find an escape after a while, so I ended that conversation and moved on to someone else (I guess I tend to ramble on about myself sometimes).  She did give me her card and information.  I also thanked the lady who spoke about the foster care system.

Russell and I left and ended up at Kabob Palace, which is open 24 hours.  It was 11PM so we only had rice pudding and some bread, which was good.  I dropped him off and thought that it was a great idea to offer someone a ride and get to meet new people.