Today was my first visit to sacrament meeting. I tried getting there early, but my GPS had me going in circles. The room was pretty full, so I got a seat in the back. This was fast and testimony Sunday, so once we were invited to bear our testimony, I walked up to the front and took a seat as someone else had gotten there before me. A sister then came over and sat by me, so I let her go ahead of me. I was the third to speak and my testimony was well received. I mentioned how I was not born and raised in the church, about feelings I had when I was investigating and baptized in early 2008, about losing your GPS signal and getting off track, only to regain that signal and getting back on track, and about how the gospel and prayer has little value if you don't learn it and use it in your life. I closed with how I look forward to meeting a lot of the members and transferring my records to the ward.
After sacrament, I attended a new member orientation class and handed in my record transfer sheet. A picture of me was taken for the member directory and we all introduced each other. I then attended the Elder Quorum and introduced myself when the time came. I participated in the discussion and left shortly afterwards.