Sacrament - Day 5; I Have Much to Learn

I got in a little early today and noticed Briar sitting by herself, so I sat next to her so that we can talk a little before things got started.  I also noticed Erin from the temple trip, so I waved at her and she waved back.  Things were different with Briar and we didn't have much to talk about, at least not as much as the first time I met her.  She was asked to give the opening prayer and the meeting started.  We shared a hymn book for one of the three hymns.  The bishop pronounced her name incorrectly when announcing that she would give the opening prayer.  She was talking to someone after the meeting, which ended early, so I had bye and went to Sunday school.

Carol was teaching this class for the first time and seemed a bit nervous.  She brought treats and we passed them around.  It was a smaller room, so it got filled up quickly.  I sat near Debbie from the first group dinner, but she didn't seem to want to talk to me, so I spoke to Carol.  Class started and everyone was asked to read some verses in order.  When it was my turn, I read my verse and Carol asked me what message I got from it.  I didn't know, so I just said "I don't know" and she asked the class.  It was a little embarrassing, but it's my fault for not learning the scriptures better.  When Jill read hers and Carol asked her what that meant, I said something before Jill could, but quickly said sorry and asked Jill to go, so that got a laugh from the class.  Jill said thanks for bailing her out and then answered the question.

After class, I went straight to EQ and sat next to Todd, who I had met during the PA trip.  We talked a bit and then Rob, who I had met at the temple trip, announced that he was moving to TX and had gotten engaged to Lindsey.  He's a new convert, so he thanked everyone for their help.  On the way out, I spoke to Russell a bit and then went downstairs for a home teaching appointment with Amy and my companion Kevin.

I met Amy in the lobby and she was talking to Erin, so I talked to Erin briefly but didn't get to say much.  Erin left without saying anything.  Kevin, Amy and I went to the bench at the bus stop and had our meeting there.  It was just a quick introduction to each other and it went well.