It was time to put my new temple recommend to use, so I joined the group to do baptisms at the D.C. temple. I met Chad, Kelly, Kailynn and Russell at the church building and we carpooled together (Chad drove); I sat in the back next to Kelly. We waited in the temple lobby for the rest of the group, about 15 of us and we were guided down to the entry of the temple. The guide took us to a mural of a scene from the second coming, with faithful people on the right hand of the Savior and others on the left. We then went down hallways with paintings of different periods of the Savior's life and entered the waiting area of the baptismal. We were given baptism clothes and went in to change.
I was to be a patron and was given 20 names to be baptized. The names were of family members of Caranine and Darla. The first group went into the baptismal and I was first to go. Being baptized on behalf of others felt great and I felt a lot of love for them. I was getting a bit cold after 15 baptisms, even though the water was warm, but it was a wonderful experience. I was handed a towel afterwards and went back in to change into my second set of baptismal clothes for the confirmation.
I then waited for a few others to finish and we went into the confirmation room. I was confirmed a member of the church on behalf of those I did baptisms for. I then went in to change back into my Sunday dress and waited for others to finish. I watched as others were being baptized and talked to Kailynn a little. Our carpool gang regrouped and we started driving back.
The topic of dating was brought up by Russell and Kelly, and I was asked what I thought about it. I told them that I had experience with dating and that I like doing it, but that it was slow going with the Potomac group. I mentioned how many women say that they want to meet, but don't make the effort to, or are too busy with everything else to make dating a priority. Kelly explained her point of view about how most women probably have issues or baggage and that they are looking for a specific person. I mentioned how those who wait may not realize that they have a lot of competition and that men won't wait around for them. We spoke of meditation and the need to slow down and think about what you really want and take the time to date more.
Overall, it was a good trip and I look forward to returning to the temple soon.