Sailing, National Harbor and Missionary Dinner

Miriam had invited some of us to go sailing with her.  I got lost on the way to the marina, so I got there a little late.  Jocelyn, Mona and Jonathan were already there.  We got on the boat and went out to the water.  It was a good sunny day with a nice breeze, so sailing was fun.  Each got a turn steering the boat.  We all got to talk and have a good time.  I teased Mona a few times, but she was okay with it and laughed about it.  We got back after two hours and I drove back home to freshen up and have a snack.

Anne-Marie and I had planned to stop at the fundraiser at church and then go to the Arboretum, but the missionaries were coming to dinner at 5:00PM so we didn't have time for all that.  I picked up Anne-Marie from her place and we went to the fundraiser for a little while and had some of the food.  We decided to go walk around at the National Harbor instead of the Arboretum.  We had a good chance to get to know each other and we talked a lot about dating, social life in the ward and about my conversion and other church topics.

We returned to her place to prepare dinner for the missionaries, which would be wraps with different toppings to choose from.  The sister missionaries arrived on time and we sat down to eat.  By the end of dinner, Kimberly showed up and joined us.  The missionaries had to leave, but I stayed behind to talk to Kimberly for a while.  She showed us pictures and videos from her trip to the horse races.  We talked about our backgrounds, Lebanon, work, and other things for a while and got to know each other.

I was going to rent a movie and stay with them to watch it, but was too tired, so I went home.