I joined a small group for a trip to the embassy of Uruguay in DC. Before heading out, we decided to have a quick dinner at Jennifer's place. She made chilli, and others brought side dishes. I brought some mixed fruit. I drove Jennifer and Jason in my car, while Javier, Chad, Miriam and Anne-Marie drove in Javier's car. When we arrived at the embassy, we were directed to go upstairs to a large room with wooden floors. There was a table with drinks and we were about 60 people. A few people from the embassy talked and then they introduced our instructors, a couple from Peru.
They showed us some steps and we performed them with our partner. I was mostly paired up with Jennifer, but danced with a lady I didn't know once. I did pretty well with the moves they taught us and we got to practice on our own after the lesson was over. There were a few competitions, whose winner received a bottle of wine from the instructor's winery.
We all returned to Jennifer for some fruit and leftover corn bread. Upon exiting the car, we found that someone had left a small dining table outside for garbage pick-up. It was in good shape and Jennifer thought it would be great for me since I didn't have one, so we brought it into her place. The group talked for another hour and I got to tell everyone a little about my background. We left her place around 11.